Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 lb shrimp (I used these from US Wellness Meats)
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1/2 T + 1/2 T ginger
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 5 strands garlic scapes (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cloves black garlic (optional)
- 1/2 T each salt, pepper, and lemongrass
- 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp Red Boat fish sauce
- 1 T + 2 T coconut aminos
- 8 c shrimp stock
- 2 large Japanese Maiatake mushrooms and 1 trumpet mushroom – about 1 c chopped (you can use shitake, crimini, white button, or enoki mushrooms as well)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 heads of baby bok choy, coarsely chopped
(1) Using a food processor, combine the garlics, bell pepper, onion, celery, 1/2 T ginger, and shrimp. Pulse until the shrimp are ground.
(2) Combine with the turkey, 1/2 tsp fish sauce, 1 T coconut aminos, and spices. Pulse until combined. Form into 36 meatballs.
(3) Combine the meatballs, additional ginger, coconut aminos, and fish sauce with the stock and cook for 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms and bok choy and cook for an additional 20 minutes.