I tried making rabbit from US Wellness Meats for the first time — it was delicious, tender, and is super low in calories and fat.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 45 min (pressure cooker) or 2 hours (stovetop)
- 1 rabbit loin (mine was ~1 lb)
- 3 trumpet mushrooms
- 3 celery ribs
- 1/2 onion, cut into thick strips
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 T macadmia nut oil
- 3 c homemade chicken stock
- salt and pepper
(1) Heat the pan with the oil, and add the vegetables (reserve the garlic.)
(2) Season the rabbit with salt and pepper and sear on both sides. Add the broth and garlic and cook for 45 in the pressure cooker, or 2 hours on the stovetop. Serve hot. I ate mine with broth over it, but it can also be served on the side of other vegetables with no broth.