Breakfast was egg-less since I ran out of eggs and wasn’t going to Westerly until after my morning workout. I sauteed 3/4 c mushrooms (shitake and crimini blend), then added 4 oz ground pork. On the side I had lacto-fermented sauerkraut, pumpkin seeds/3 brazil nuts, a green juice (kale, celery, jalapeno, ginger, spinach, and cucumber) and my bulletproof tea.
Lunch: A mix of regular and cocoa banana “pancakes” — in my continued “high carb” Saturdays, I added a banana post-workout to my lunch. I put an egg on the side for some extra protein.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 small banana (mine was ~90g)
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 T almond flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp alcohol-free vanilla
- large pinch nutmeg
- 1 T fair-trade dark cocoa (unsweetened) (optional)
(1) Technically, this step is optional, but it makes a HUGE difference in the texture and fluffiness of the “pancakes.” Use the whisk attachment to an immersion blender to beat the egg white until it forms stiff peaks.
(2) Mash the banana with a fork and add the banana and all other ingredients to the egg whites.
(3) Using the blender attachment to the immersion blender, blend the ingredients until they form a smooth batter.
(4) I used 1/2 T of macadamia oil in the pan — but I don’t think I needed it. I poured half of the batter into a super hot pan in 3 small rounds, then added 1T cocoa to the remaining batter and added those 3 small rounds to the pan. Cook for about 3 min per side, then flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add your egg in after the first flip if you want to add one on the side.