Breakfast: Another “sleep-in” morning – didn’t get to the gym until 7 and ate at Whole Foods. 3 eggs, 1 italian sausage, Allegro chai tea.
Lunch: Pork/Shrimp Thai Soup
Dinner: 1 oz sprouted pecans + Spicy Chicken and Eggplant
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 1 6 oz chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 T macadamia nut oil
- 1 c eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 T sesame seeds (I used mixed black and tan sesame seeds)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 tsp each cumin, turmeric, ground ancho powder, paprika, ground mustard
- pinch each oregano, cayenne, chipotle powder
(1) Brown the chicken on all sides, about 10 min. Add salt. Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through before moving on to step 2.
(2) Add the 1/2 T oil and the eggplant and cook for 1 min.
(3) Add the spices and the garlic, and cook for an additional 5 min. I usually mix all the spices together first, but you can also sprinkle directly onto the chicken and eggplant.
(4) Serve hot. You can garnish with cilantro and parsley (I was out, but they add a hint of freshness to the dish that works well).