Breakfast: 3 soft boiled eggs, porcini salt, 3 oz pastured pork (smoked on the Weber by my Daddy!)
Lunch: 6 oz scallops, 6 brussel sprouts, 2 slices leeks, 1/2 T duck fat.
Dinner: Pork-and-Shrimp Meatball Thai Soup
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/4 c red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 celery, finely diced
- 1/4 c scallions, finely sliced
- 1/4 c leeks, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 T ginger
- 1/2 tsp galangal (Thai ginger – optional)
- salt and pepper
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (or 1/2 tsp lime zest)
- 1/2 tsp Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 2 T coconut aminos
- 6 c shrimp stock
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c spinach
(1) Cut the shrimp into small pieces. Mix together the pork, shrimp, bell pepper, celery, leek, scallion, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 T ginger (I grate mine with a microplane), galangal, 1/4 tsp fish sauce, 1 T coconut aminos, and salt and pepper (to your liking).
(2) Bring the shrimp stock to a boil, with the rest of the ginger, the lime leaves, 1/4 tsp fish sauce, and 1 T coconut aminos. While the stock is heating, form meatballs out of the pork/shrimp mixture. Reduce the heat to medium and drop them into the stock for 20 minutes.
(3) Add the mushrooms and spinach, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
(4) Serve hot. This soup actually tastes even better the next day, so it is a great make-ahead meal for lunches. 🙂