Breakfast: Same 3 oz ground pastured pork, 2 eggs, and bulletproof tea. No green juice today.
Lunch: 6 oz leftover pork with tomatillo salsa, with a side of arugula and 1.5 eggs worth of egg whites.
Dinner: Turkey Meatballs (recipe below) with zoodles, wild mushrooms and 1/4 c Rao’s Arrabiata sauce.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 T fresh parsley
- 1 T chives
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 T fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red crushed chili pepper
- 1/2 sprig rosemary
- 2 lacinato kale leaves
- 1/4 c wild mushrooms
- 2 trumpet mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 T duck fat or macadamia nut oil
- OPTIONAL: serve over zoodles (zucchini spiralized into noodles), with 1/4 c Rao’s or homemade arrabiata sauce.
(1) Cut the parsley, chives, rosemary and kale leaves using kitchen sheers, leaving a very fine chop on each of the three ingredients. Coarsely chop the wild mushrooms. Add these and all other ingredients except the sliced trumpet mushrooms and oil into the turkey.
(2) Heat the duck fat or oil on medium to high heat. Form the turkey into 20 meatballs, and sear on one side for 3-5 minutes. Add the chopped mushrooms into the pan.
(3) Using tongs, carefully flip each of the meatballs and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
(4) If serving with “zoodles”, add the zucchini now. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, covered.
(5) Add the red sauce when there is ~1-2 minutes left in cooking time.
(6) Serve hot. If you’re not excluding dairy from your diet, Parmesan cheese would make a great addition on top. 🙂