This weekend’s two workouts switched things up with pyramid-rep lifts for legs and arms.
For legs on Saturday, I did 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of:
- Back Squats @ 155lbs superset with 50 lb goblet squats (I used a dumbbell instead of a kettlebell)
- Leg Press @ 360lbs superset with 1 min of jump rope and 50 lb side lunges (I used a dumbbell instead of a bar and did 8…1 reps per leg)
- Lunges with the front foot on the BOSU* (I added extra challenge by elevating my back leg on a box) superset with split squats (with one foot on the box)** @ 20kg
* Placing your back leg on a step or box allows a deeper range of motion, which strengthens the muscles around the hip/psoas muscles. But, it takes a lot of balance, so practice with slight elevation of your back leg and work up to a deeper range of motion.
** I cannot find a photo on the internet, but the idea is to stand to the side of the box and place the foot of the leg closest to the box on the box. Hold the kettlebell in the hand of the inner leg, and squat down as far as your range of motion allows.
For Bicep/Tricep on Sunday, I did 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of:
- Barbell Curls @ 50lbs, Dumbbell Hammer Curls @ 20lbs, Narrow Grip Barbell Rows @ 50lbs (my grip is actually even more narrow than pictured here), Overhead Extension @ 20lbs, Dips (16-14-12-10-8-6-4-2)
- Concentration Curls @ 22.5 lbs, Tricep Kickbacks @ 22.5 lbs