I apologize for not posting all weekend – I’ve been uncharacteristically busy the past few weekends and finally had 2 days with nothing to do. I took advantage and spent as much time enjoying the NYC fall (aka, away from computer), but I did workout and cook a ton, so many posts to come. 🙂
Tonight, I was aiming for a higher carb and calorie count (40g carbs and 700 calories) to refuel from a super challenging morning workout/ nighttime cycle/row, but I failed. It’s hard to plan things out, especially on my hardest workout days, but I’m trying to be less regimented, so I’ll count it as a success that this was delicious and not worry that I missed the mark by 15 g carbs and 125 calories…
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/8 cup leeks, thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 T Green Curry Paste (I used this one, which has no added sugars)
- 1 tsp Macadamia Nut Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- 3 kaffir leaves (I use this one) (optional – you can substitute lime zest if you can’t find kaffir leaves)
- 1 tsp dried galangal (I use this one) (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 c coconut milk (I use this one, which is BPA and guar gum-free)
- 1/8 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Zucchini, thinly sliced
- Top half of a butternut squash (the part that is solid, not hollow)
- 4 oz ground pork
(2) Add the garlic, celery, ginger, kaffir leaves, galangal (if using), chicken broth, and coconut milk. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
(3) While the base is cooking, spiralize the top half of the butternut squash (i.e., the portion that is solid throughout).
(4) Season the pork with salt and pepper and shape into meatballs. Add the pork and the butternut squash and cook covered for an additional 5 minutes.
(5) Turn the meatballs, add the carrots and zucchini, and cook for a final 5-7 minutes. (I added 2 whole cloves of black garlic – so good!)
For nutrition info, see here.