One of my best friends was having a Oktoberfest/”fall” party last night – aka, the perfect time to make and bring sausages and sugar-free pumpkin ice cream. This recipe is NOT dairy free – but I tolerate dairy very well, even though I don’t eat it often (of course by tolerate, I mean, I love love love, and with no health detriments I have noticed). The cream is from grass-fed cows, which means even thicker and more flavorful. 🙂 This may not be the most nutrient-dense recipe to hit this blog, but it is delicious!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 c roasted pumpkin (canned should also work, but you can roast the pumpkin like any other winter squash and puree it in the food processor)
- 1 1/2 c half-and-half (from grass-fed cows without bGH if possible)
- 1 c cream (from grass-fed cows without bGH if possible)
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2″ piece of ginger (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 14-21 drops alcohol-free stevia
(1) Combine all ingredients in the food processor with the S-blade attachment and blend for 1-2 minutes, until smooth.
(2) Pour into ice cream maker for 30-35 minutes.
(3) Leave in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes for a thicker consistency before serving.
(Photo evidence that I make a very good party guest! I always come with treats!)