I just got a new mini loaf pan from Sur la Table, so I decided to try mini meatloaves for lunches this week. Mine are packed with an assortment of vegetables from this week’s trip to the farmer’s market (look for more cauliflower, okra, zucchini, and eggplant recipes late this week).
- 16 oz Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 16 oz Ground Pork
- 16 oz Ground Bison
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp mustard (I used this one)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano, dried or minced
- 1 tsp basil, dried or minced
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 medium zucchini or summer squash
- 1/4 medium yellow onion
- 4 crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup Lacinato Kale and/or Swiss Chard (I combined a little bit of both)
- 1 small carrot (I used a 4″ white carrot because they looked so great at the farmer’s market, but any variety will do).
- 2 stalks celery
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes (I used yellow heirloom cherry tomatoes leftover from last week, but you can substitute 1-2 Roma or 1 beefsteak tomato if you don’t have cherry tomatoes)
- 2 1/2 tbsp tomato paste (I use this one because the tube makes it convenient to use just a small amount)
- 1 tbsp parsley, minced
(1) Preheat oven to 350. Meanwhile, mix the three meats together with the mustard, salt, pepper, herbs, cayenne (if using) and garlic.
(3) Divide into mini loaf sections. I made 12 mini loaves, but you could also make it all in one casserole dish, or make even smaller bite sized portions in a muffin tray.
(4) Spread a small amount of tomato paste over each loaf and top with parsley.
(5) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
For nutrition info, click here.